Friday 25 April 2014

Adulting 468 Project

Just recently I purchase a book on how to become an adult in 468 easy(ish) steps.. well according to Kelly Williams Brown (Do you have two last names or wha?). Anyways, as a typical undergraduate student with no dollar in her pocket what so ever purchased a copy and hopefully, wishfully, trustingly.. change my horrible habits and view of the world and sadly accept the fact that I can no longer get discounts at restaurants. ALSO, accepting the fact that working a 8 hour shift only equals to 5 hour pay.. (FU TAXES)

From reading the introduction of the book, I felt this sort of odd connection with Kelly..In one page, she wrote down all the things I've felt for the past year. This immediately grab my full attention, and with a poor girl living off pay cheque to pay cheque, I used ny magic debt maker card to purchase a copy of the book. ( I SRSLY NEED HELP) 



After reading ( mostly skimming through the important steps I wanted to know) the entire book in a day, I reflected on my life.. and how much steps I need to go over. As you know, I still live at home with my parents although my boyfriend, whom I've been dating for a year is forcing (not really, just hinting) me to move in with him. I believe living at home would be alot cheaper for me right now because my parents don't expect any money coming in from me BUT DON'T JUDGE ME SO FAST, I do offer them money when they need it.. even if it comes out of my credit card...

I've decided to blog about all the 468 steps in the book; all my thoughts towards it, my experience, and all my to-do/have to-do list. 

So let me just start with Chapter 1: Get Your Mind Right

Step 1: ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL

I think I learned that the hard way through school. As an awkward new girl in grade 6, I didn't really know how to make friends. The way I made friends was.. f*cking stupid if you asked me. I mainly made a fool of my self and tried to make sexual jokes and puns to desperately make everyone laugh.
Throughout junior high I was bullied.. alot. High School wasn't so bad.. still had those vibes that no one liked me. Also the teachers at my school didn't care if I wasn't in class or didn't participate because they probably we're thinking I didn't give one sh*t about my education..which I did.. but I found it hard to focus and participate with all the scars I emotionally and physically had. From dropping out second semester in my senior year to moving to a new school with new teachers who don't really acknowledge my presence when I'm gone for 3-5 days from class with no notice.. I know that I'm not special. It is difficult to accept, and hard to keep myself standing knowing that no one cares.. (except for my family & boyfriend.. maybe some friends). Everyone's out for themselves.. I know that now.. and those who disagree that "we" are not special.. godbless you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment